DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY
The Ph.D. program provides Christian education for pastors, chaplains, denominational leaders, authors, teachers and researchers in theological colleges and universities. Students explore both the academic and spiritual aspects of biblical studies, history and theology to enhance their studies and research acumen. Graduates are prepared to contribute to the wider conversation of the theological academy from a Renewal perspective.
CONCENTRATION CORE COURSES
- Biblical Studies
- Old Testament
- New Testament
- New Testament Theology
- Biblical Theology
- Systematic Theology
- Church History and Historical Theology
- Early Church Studies
- Reformation Studies
ETHICS AND PHILOSOPHICAL STUDIES
- Christian Ethics
- Philosophy of Religion
COMPREHENSIVE EXAM OR DISSERTATIONEach student must present an acceptable dissertation that demonstrates competence in their field and original research, write with clarity and force
FLEXIBLE SCHEDULEMOMBI Online was designed for the working professional. Whether you are looking to advance your current career or start the new career path of your dreams. Flexibility means you can earn your degree while working full or part-time. MOMBI Online is perfect for those who have families as well.
- Renewal Biblical Hermeneutics
- Early Christian Spirituality
- Special Studies: Book of Acts
- Hermeneutical Philosophy
- TOTAL Ph.D DEGREE REQUIREMENTS: 64 CREDITS
- Students wanting to enter the 60-Doctor of Theology Degree program must have completed one of our Masters Degree program before
- admission into the program is granted, or its equivalent from any other recognized institutions.
- A completed Application form.
- Autobiographical Statement (300 words)
- An official transcript of the course/s completed, if applicable.
- One copy of a recent photograph (passport size) in addition to the one affixed to the student profile page.
- Acceptable forms of identification: e.g., Valid National ID, Driver's License, or International Passport.
- Dissertation. The Th.D. dissertation is the bulk of the doctoral program, (Dissertation can be submitted After you have been
- admitted into the program, within 30 days therein.) Doctor of Theology Dissertation Forms & Resources
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- do in-depth research in both primary and secondary sources related to theological studies.
- understand and critique the major issues in theological scholarship and the main views on those issues.
- complete a significant, scholarly dissertation that has practical value for the Christian community and the academic community.
- develop and employ a fully-formed Biblical Theology and Biblical Hermeneutics in all scholarly research.
- communicate effectively through one or more of the following: preaching, teaching, evangelism, and writing.
- develop scholarly research practices that are compatible with the objectives of the academy of professional scholars.
- develop skills and knowledge that will contribute to the strength of Evangelical scholarship and the Christian church
- faithfully and honestly represent and proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ in all scholarly endeavors and contexts.